Easy Peasy Sautéed Spinach with Pine Nuts & Golden Raisins
This recipe is filled with four eye healthy ingredients. Packed with vitamin C, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin! Vitamin C helps maintain connective tissue found in the cornea. Beta-carotene protects mucus membranes essential in the eye. Lutein and zeaxanthin are antioxidants that protect your eyes from blue light damage of the retina. These ingredients combined make spinach the power food that will protect your eyes this summer!
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add raisins, pine nuts and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar and salt.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan and pepper.
Enjoy! Thanks to www.eatingwell.com for this eye healthy recipe.